Updated September 2022
At Great Chart primary School the Governors and Headteacher believe the purpose of the Sport Premium should be:
- To ensure PE and Sport are an integral part of the curriculum.
- To improve opportunities and provision for all pupils.
- To provide professional development and expertise from outside agencies to upskill staff to provide high quality lessons.
- To promote and encourage competition.
- To try new and exciting ways to encourage young people and their families to be active by making healthy lifestyle choices.
- To work alongside other organisations and schools to make the best use of the funding for the benefit of the whole school community.
OFSTED report March 2016 found Great Chart Primary school to be using the funding effectively to make a positive difference to pupils.